Ooh-Kay, D.T. back again with more pure Maya 3D awesomeness - almost as awesome as Bang Shishigami's explosive spirit of Passion! Love! Bravery! and Honor! (If you don't know what I'm talking about go Google "Blazblue")
...Alright, alright, so far the stuff in my blog has yet to reach the epic-ness of the manliness of the man himself, but I'm getting there!
But I digress; anyway here's another update to my personal project and this time the mannequin that I've finished last week is no longer naked.
All costume components have been colour coded for both of our viewing convenience; trust me you wouldn't want to see a model with grey all over. Anyhow, what you're seeing now is a 75% completed model of my gaming character; whilst the left arm armour and the helm are currently missing, some components of this dude's clothing needs to be further refined.
The above image is a closer detail shot of the swordsman's greaves (shin/leg armour). As you can most definitely see in the image, I have cheated a bit at the toes; I'll will probably fix that up, as long as it doesn't cost too much polygons. Besides the shins needs A LOT of working on; while making screenshots of the model I have discovered that I have forgotten about how the ankles are supposed to move and what parts of that area are going to be exposed when the ankles flex. One quick fix I can think of here is to raise up the part of the armour around the back of the heels; either way, needs more investigation.
This next image is a brief look at the clothing components around the torso area. The current models for the clothing are kinda rough as they're simply blocked out to give me a overall view of how the character's shape is going to look like. The shirt in purple and the green trousers most definitely needs more working on, otherwise I'm happy to leave the waist and thigh armours as they are. A new addition to the costume is a sash-like cloth that is hanging around the left leg; it's a feature that originates from my earlier designs that I did for this character but left it out at the final design due to time constraints and the lack of knowledge in using the nCloth simulator in Maya (I was still in my half-completed 3D animation course at that time); well since I have time to kill outside my working hours, I thought this would make a good experiment... Although I seriously need some help with this; the nCloth tutorials out there on the internet are either very vague or uses a flag as the only given example. *yawn*
Oh whelp, take it easy guys any I'll see you next time. Peace out!
- D.T.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



March 21st! That predates your work on the MojiKan Trailer by 2 months. Update you fiend! Update!
ReplyDelete