Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's Alive...!



... Alright - maybe not, but hey at least now I have a template of a male human body I can work off:



 

Picking up from where I left off last week, I started modeling the hip and the legs. Unlike my modeling odyssey when I was working on the arm, the hip and legs proved to be less troublesome than the arms thanks to the lessons learnt from the time spent modeling the arms.



After the hip and legs came the hands and feet. Figuring that the feet need less detail, I spent most of the time modeling the hand.


 

I was a bit confused when modeling the hand since... wait a minute, I've just noticed a 5-sided polygon on one of the above pictures. Hold on, be right back...



There, fixed. Anyhow, modeling the hand took quite a bit of time since, let's face it, it is quite complex (and God help me when I rig the resulting character...). With a bit of help from modeling and anatomy references, I finally managed to complete the hand. The only problem I face now is the fact that the hand alone has around 200+ polys - much more than I bargained for.

Overall, the whole body contains 1496 polygons - somewhat below my expectations, but at least it should give me some room should the time comes when I have to add polygons.

Anyway, that's it for this week - peace.

- D.T.

P.S. - Shoot, them legs look a little bit too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any comments or suggestions? Feel free to drop a line =)